November 27, 2011

Energy Bars - Grain-free, Dairy-free

Grain-free Energy Bars 

 For thanksgiving this year we were planning to travel so I made these energy bars to take along on our trip.  We enjoyed them so much that they didn't make it to Thanksgiving.

If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to energize you for the upcoming holidays ahead of us, I believe you will love this recipe.

 Most of all, today,  I wanted to take time to thank you for being here with me through the year. I am grateful for you, each and every one who visits here. May you be blessed.
 

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace. 
Numbers 6:24-26 

 
Grain-free Energy Bars

 2 cups pecans
1/2 cup organic "raw" cashews
3/4 cup organic raisins
2 cups unsweetened coconut, shredded
3 Tablespoons raw honey
8 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted

Add ingredients to food processor and blend well.  Spread the mixture into an ungreased glass 9 X 13 inch baking dish.  Bake in the oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes and allow to cool.  Cut them into squares. Then refrigerate to harden.

To learn more about buying honey please check out this article at Food Safety News  explaining the results of their study of honey.  Tests show most store honey isn't really honey. 






   



5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh.... thank you so much for this recipe. I bet it kind of tastes like fudge (white fudge). MMmmm can't wait to try this.

    Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to share! I love the coconut oil when it is cold from the refrigerator.

    Yes, we are enjoying our Thanksgiving...still eating turkey...nice to have leftovers.
    Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. This recipe has so many great ingredients and I bet it is tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those look great, Debbie! :-) Thanks for sharing the Bible verse, too. That's one of my favorites. ;-)

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did, and an extended one at that, but back to work tomorrow. Now I must go to bed. I've gotten used to staying up late and "playing." ;-)

    Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    Just wanted to let you know I made these... not exactly like you did, but they turned out great.

    I posted them on my blog and linked back to you.
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2011/12/sugar-free-grain-free-dairy-free-energy.html

    ReplyDelete

I am made richer by your being here. Please leave us a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin